Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Swimsuit Hunt Continued

Are there an overwhelming number of moms out there who want their 6 year olds to look like little sluts? No? Sorry, is that to strong a word? Then what is going on with the skimpy little bikinis they sell for little kids? Just give me a tank suit that won't ride up on her and that she can spend the day in. She doesn't need a suit with support, there was one suit in a size four that had something seriously close to underwire. She doesn't need a mesh sarong to go over said string bikini. She also doesn't need a leopard print suit that looks incredibly like sexy underwear. She is six!

But after sifting through all the suits and looking at five stores we finally found a suit that was perfect for her. It was the only one in that size and color so I figured it was meant to be. Next time, when I see a suit that is perfect I am just going to grab it. It might be the middle of the winter, but I don't want to go through this again.

1 comment:

landismom said...

I'm totally with you on the outrage over little girls' swimsuits. I'm not a fan of the tank, personally, since they are such a pain to take off when you have to use the bathroom (and what kid in a pool isn't in a huge hurry, by the time that they finally ADMIT that they have to use the bathroom?). For years, I've searched for months to buy tankinis--because the bikinis for little girls are so skanky.

This year, for the first time, I broke down and bought the Bee a bikini--not a string bikini, but a bikini nonetheless. It's frankly not horrible, as bikinis go. But I still think it's wrong.