Monday, January 26, 2009

Things to be excited about

  • President Obama, I still am having a hard time believing it really happened. But it did!
  • Having a job, and being told over and over again that I don't need to worry about losing it, priceless.
  • Watching the kids get excited about school. I am a big beleiver in public schools, I think you get what you put into it. Our whole family loves Cat's school, and next year Aly will be in Kindergarten there too.
  • A new sewing machine! I am selling my old machine to help purchase a new one. I consider it an investment, my husband tells me it is just a new toy.
  • Snow tomorrow. I love snow, sure it slows the city down, but it is so beautiful and isn't that why we live in a neighborhood where we can walk everywhere? Too bad it is only supposed to last for a little while.
  • Losing weight, just under 18 pounds now. My goal is for 25 and I am almost there.
  • Having my parents close by, I never realized how much I missed them living up in Seattle until they moved down here.
  • Writing on the blog, even if it is just to come up with a silly list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a portland mom too and just stumbled across your blog. I'm planning to start my own blog this month hopefully too. I'll check back in to see what you are up too. Good Luck. L

Ariel said...

Your second point, I can totally relate! How totally lucky are we!