Friday, November 07, 2008

Losing


Okay, I am coming out of the closet so to speak, or at least cleaning out my closet. For awhile now I have been wanting to lose some weight. When the opportunity to join a group at work arose I jumped at the chance. We meet once a week and everyone weighs in, can you guess what it is? Yep, you guessed it Weight Watchers.

I kept it under wraps for the first week or so, because usually when I tell people I want to lose some weight they tell me I look fine. But for me it is about wanting to be in a healthy range for my height and build. I want to have more energy, patience, and just generally feel better. I don't talk about losing weight with the girls, with them it is all about eating good foods and exercising to keep your body working.

So it has been four weeks now and I am down 10.6 lbs. so far and I feel great. My clothes are fitting better, no more muffin top in my favorite jeans, and I donated some of the "too big" clothes to charity. I would fully endorse WW if you follow the program. A lot of it is writing down what you eat, and moderating your portions. Halloween was a real bitch, but I got through it without my normal candy gorgefest. I have about 20 more lbs. to drop but things are looking good as long as I can get through the holidays. I should be at my target right after the new year. Hey if it worked for Jenny McCarthy it can work for me.

The hardest part has been working in an actual exercise plan. It has been so long since I exercised on a regular basis. I am a walker, would much rather walk than drive, and that has kept me kind of in shape for awhile but I need to take it up a notch. So to help me out with that goal I purchased a new toy. It just arrived this week and I will be testing it out this weekend, bu hopefully it will become my exercise partner.

No comments: