Thursday, November 06, 2008

Guns

Today Cat was showing me some things she got at her after school care program. They made little bags and got some toys to put in them and bring home. Well one of them was a little orange gun. I was shocked. I know it is a toy and obviously not real, but come on giving that out at school?

I guess I just never understood playing with toy guns, pretending to hurt one another. Cat promised that she wouldn't point it at anyone and only pretend with her animals. When I asked why she would want to pretend that she couldn't answer. She just saw a toy and nothing more. I guess I should be happy that she is so innocent and can't grasp the concept of someone hurting someone else. But it bothered me none the less. Tomorrow we will be calling the afterschool care and finding out their side of things. Let's see what they say.

No comments: