Monday, July 21, 2008

Time in a bottle

Where has the time gone? I had high hopes that I was going to get back to this blog much sooner, but it wasn't to be. Anyway it has been over 10 months and I would like to say that in that time I had some great reason for abandoning this blog but that wouldn't be true either. Just time passing me by. Kids growing up, birthdays and anniversaries to celebrate.

We got taken down by some of the economic strife that is occurring. Nothing to lose our house over but it did reset our priorities just a bit. We got rid of satellite but we couldn't bear to part with our beloved internet. I do miss the weekly newspaper but to be honest we read the news online for than the daily O. Many more rides on public transportation and talk of selling one of the cars. We never use more than one these days but still paying insurance on both. Anyone in the market for a Toyota Rav4?

I did start a new job back in October. That seems to have coincided with my break from the blog. They are very strict on internet usage, no blogs, myspace accounts or internet email allowed. They block the sites and you have to prove to IT that you need access for work. I am on the computer so much at work now that to be honest I haven't felt like getting on the computer much at home. But slowly it has been pulling me back in.

Then life gets in the way again like our refrigerator breaking down for the third time in about two months. The frost free option doesn't seem to work well. Basically when this happens we have to unload all of our food from the fridge and freezer and load it into coolers while the fridge defrosts and decides to work for us again. I think we need a new one but that cost money which we don't want to spend right now. Yes, that literally just happened in the middle of this post. I am amazed I got back on to write at all.

So hopefully this will be the first of many lame posts to go where I lament about putting time in a bottle slowing things down for awhile or maybe I will write again a year from now. We shall see.

No comments: