Saturday, July 21, 2007

Stuff

You know stuff just really gets in the way of blogging. Stuff like two people being laid off at work because the folks there think that you are so capable you can now manage three full time jobs instead of just one. Yeah, that kind of puts a damper on blogging during lunch hour. Or, your ever expanding list of home projects that compete against your "I want to just hang out with the family" weekends. Then the fact that I had been feeling like a tub o' lard lately and the only way to fix that is by, get this, exercising and not eating a whole box of Jo-Jo's in one sitting. But where does that exercise time fit into the schedule, you guessed it, blogging time.

I have noticed in the blog world that a number of folks go through quiet periods on their blog. They usually bounce back after a month or two off the webs. I think that is what I needed. A little break, to get my own act in order. Have I promised that before? I am still working things out but I am starting to feel a lot better.

The main reason why I have time today to post is because the family is gone. Out of the house for five whole days. I don't have the time off available so I wasn't able to join them on the trip to visit the in-laws. So it is just me and our ferocious dog, Mojo, who will scare off any solicitor that tries to approach the house with some request for donations (I give at the office anyway). I seriously do not know what to do with myself. Knowing me it will involve cleaning more than anything, just because it is so easy to do when there are no little kids running around.

Before I forget, one of the best things has happened in the last month. Aly is now potty-trained, in underwear full time. Of course she had one accident last night, but that was the first time since we made the big switch. We are firm believers in going from pull-ups to underwear in one big step. No pull-ups at night. It pisses her off to wake up in a pool of pee so she holds it and when she really has to go she almost always will just get up and go use the potty. Like I said she had the one accident last night, and a few mid-day accidents but other than that she is peeing and pooping like a pro. I only had to bribe her with candy that first time she pooped in her potty, after that never a problem. Oh and, knock on wood, she has never once pooped in her underwear. I so hope the trend continues, it is so great to not have to haul diapers around with us.

Hopefully I will be back in the blogging loop soon, but if not that is okay too. Life just gets in the way sometimes.

No comments: