Thursday, December 28, 2006

Is it 2007 yet?

I am so looking forward to 2007, you don't even know. Well some of you might know. Pretty much the last half of 2006 has been crappo. Everything was going along fairly well until July, crafty projects getting done, house stuff getting done, resumes getting written and edited. But then the ankle fracture occurred which led to bed rest, and not much happening at all, feeling like crap. Then S was sick, then I was sick, then S had surgery and finally earlier this month I had surgery. It just screwed up our flow, we have been seriously out of whack since July 9th.

So I am looking forward to a new year, kiss 2006 good bye. I am not saying that it has all been bad. I mean the democrats did great which made me so happy, our house got painted even though the old lady down the street thinks it is hideous, we have new windows and a new roof, plus we moved the girls into a room together to give me a sewing room. But the health issues just dragged us through the depression filled mud hole, and we are dragging our selves back out.

I have so many plans for the next year, but I am not yet ready to make them official resolutions, in fact I don't want to even call them that, because I want to be able to change my mind later and not feel like a loser if I didn't fulfill my resolutions.

However, one thing that I am working on is saying goodbye to the title "Life in Mama Land" it has served me well for the year that I have been blogging but it doesn't say who I really am. I am not just a mama, it is one facet of the person I have become. I want to remember the person I used to be before being given the title of wife or mother. Who was I? I was Heather Bea. Not HeatherJ as I usually use when communicating in the blogging world because J is just my married initial. Beatrice is my middle name and Heather Bea was about as close to a nickname as I ever got. So I am slowly going to move things over to that new/old moniker.

So "Heather Bea, my life in mama land", might be a better title. What do you think? A new look is definitely needed as well and perhaps something based on the colors in some of my favorite fabrics would work. Well we shall see, but you can now call me Heather Bea. Oh, one last thing, here is my fabric pick for this week:

6 comments:

Andy said...

Fabulous title. And I love the fabric. As a matter of fact, I bought it in green to make Boo's apron. I have pics up on my site. What a coincidence.

I'm happy to say goodbye to 2006 and ring in the new year as well.

Anonymous said...

Love the fabric and the new name for this blog; sounds so much more interesting IMHO>>>>
Happy Heathful New Year!!

Sandra said...

Hey Heather Bea! I like the new title alot.

Happy, happy new year to you!

scribbit said...

I understand what you mean, I wanted a title that didn't focus so much on my life as a mother but on writing.

jennifer said...

a fresh start and a new blog name, sounds great! enjoy the new sewing room. -jen [bowlofsoup blog]

laura said...

What a great change for you, and a great resolution!