Monday, December 04, 2006

Back on the blog

Do you know how hard it is to get back into the swing of things when you neglect your blog? I will tell you, it is very hard. Everyday I have thought about something to write and then I think "eh, maybe tomorrow". I just need to get a brain purge post out and then maybe I can continue on my merry blogging way.

So here goes.

The Kim Family: Kati Kim and her daughters have been found. James left two days ago on snowshoes to find help, now they need to find him. Stay positive and hopefully the family will be reunited soon. We make the journey a few times a year to the Bay Area and try to stick to I-5. Those roads leading to the coast can be a little scary in the best of weather, put some ice and snow down and they go way beyond scary.

The Gall: I had my gall bladder out on Friday, after having another attack my doctor felt it was the right thing to do. I ended up spending the night in the hospital as my nausea would not go away and my pain medication did not make it any better. I am off work for a few days and starting to feel better, still on a chicken soup diet, I think I am freaked out to eat anything else at least for a little while.

Christmas: We will most likely take the kids to see Santa next weekend. I don't have a problem with the kids believing in Santa, but I don't want them to think that Santa is the only one that brings them presents. They usually get one present each from Santa, the rest they know comes from us or the grandparents. Aly is getting a wooden tool bench and Cat is getting a small tree house (think doll house shaped like a tree). Cat is also asking for a remote control car and a keyboard from Santa, we shall see. My parents have a drum set for her. When we first heard about it we were pissed off at my parents, I mean a drum set for a four year old, but now that Scott has his music room all fixed up in our garage so we can stick it in there and she can jam with her dad.

WIP: I have a few things on my WIP list and a few things that I have finished. Stuff to finish, an apron for my mom, ponchos for Cat and Aly, curtains for the bathroom. Stuff that is finished, meat head hat for Larissa's knit-a-long. I have it finished and even though it is an adult large Cat loves wearing it around the house. I need to get pictures up but right now it is not going to happen. I also just finished a scarf working in some yarn that has been sitting in my knitting bag since last year. It wasn't enough to complete any projects so I just worked it through the scarf every couple of rows.

Babywatch: Bite My Cookie is on baby watch, if you go over now you can get in on the baby pool to win some cookies. Our neighbors went in for a C-section today still waiting for some news from them. Is everyone having babies lately?

I know there is more but at least I was able to get some mamaland news out there. I still want to do some updating to the blog but that may not happen until after the holidays. I want to lighten things up a bit.

2 comments:

landismom said...

Sorry to hear about your surgery--hope you feel better soon!

chichimama said...

Welcome back! And I hope you feel better soon!

I have way to many WIP, I'm going to be knitting from now until next Christmas at the rate I am not finishing them!