Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Pumpkins

The summer clothes are all packed up. The sweater, rain coats and fleece have been brought out. The rains have started. Like I have said before, the weather doesn't bother me (well, okay when it is April and the showers are still going strong it bothers me a little, I did live in California for seven years) and I can't let it bother the kids. So off we went on Sunday, in the rain, to the pumpkin patch at Lee Farms, famous for their cider doughnuts (they were heaven). We went to The Pumpkin Patch last year and the crowds were huge so we went for a low-key rainy pumpkin picking day this year. It was a lot of fun, even in the rain.

Our pumpkin harvest


Look who is pushing the wheelbarrow, while a certain husband is using the umbrella and taking pictures


The girls thought that all of the pumpkins were the perfect size for a kid's seat


Seriously can not believe she is two already


Did I mention they have fresh cider doughnuts. They were so good, we contemplated going back for more.

4 comments:

petite gourmand said...

why have I never heard of these cider doughnuts?
Canadians are supposed to be doughnut connoisseurs.
I may have to come to the states to track some down..
they sounds de-lish.
love the pumpkin patch shots.

1girl2boys said...

Sounds like fun. My coworker just told me about Lee Farms and their donuts yesterday. We might have to check it out. Is it a pretty good pumpkin patch?

scribbit said...

I LOVE DONUTS! Homer Simpson and I are of one mind on that point.

nonlineargirl said...

Cider Donuts? Mmm, that place is definitely on my list of must visit (for the child, of course).