Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Blogvertising

Okay, I succumbed to trying out a product. You know the little emails you get about trying something out and then writing about it on your blog? Well I usually pass them up because they are never things that I would use. The stuff I talk about on this blog is stuff I pick out and that I use and that I like, not stuff given to me by advertisers. At least it was that way until now.

So a few weeks back I received an email asking if I wanted to try the new Clorox bleach that is safe to pour directly on your clothes. I thought cool this is something I would really use. I got it the next week and used it a few days later. I promised that I would write about it on the blog and so here goes:

The good, it has a nice smell and definitely brightens up your whites. The bad, it left discoloration on the clothes that I am assuming were on the top in the washing machine, they say you can pour it directly on clothes and that is what I did. No worries as I only did a small load of stuff that I didn't really care if it got discolored. I ended up trying another load pouring it into the side where I usually pour my bleach for colors and it worked great. So next time I need bleach I might try it again, but plain Clorox bleach is cheaper so that will probably be what I buy.

Okay, I got that over with, I have felt so guilty for not posting a review especially since it isn't a glowing report but I was honest about the product. I feel a little slimey for even doing it and accepting the product. It kind of goes against what I hoped to get out of this blog, which was to use it for my own thoughts, to share my loves, stuff that floats in and out of my head, and stories of my kids. So it isn't worth sending me any more emails asking me to review something because I am just not interested. Wait, I should rephrase that, if you would like me to try out a new car, vacation in Hawaii, kitchen remodel, a Bernina sewing maching, a Vespa, or a new espresso maker I would happy to oblige. Thanks for your time and back to your regularly scheduled programming.

4 comments:

Tuesday Girl said...

sadly, I never get those emails, i would love to try out a new camcorder!

chichimama said...

Too funny! And I found the review useful, even if it was not what "they" were hoping for...

Stephanie said...

I just clicked on a link that says you could win a $250 grocery gift card, and it ended up being one o those things that you have to sign-up or buy things from their sponsers to receive it. There goes about 45 web pages and an hour of my life that I will never get back. Plus I can't delete my account until I get a comformation e-mail from them, which I was supposed to have 3 hours ago.

I guess if it too good to be true, it is. That is why I have never even looked at the get-paid-to-blog links.

devinemom said...

how funny is that! i would love to get any of the trials that you mentioned at the end of your blog.