Wednesday, July 19, 2006

House improvements

Well, since I am stuck in bed I can at least shop online. My most recent purchase of the house is actually for our bedroom. Might as well dress up the room I am hanging out in the most. I put an order in for Flor carpet tiles last night and I can't wait for them to arrive. I love the fact that you can move them around and someone on crutches knocks over her coffee on the carpet that person can just go online and purchase a new tile. I went with a few different textures and patterns to mix it up a bit with one more of a solid as the bulk of the carpet.


We have dark brown furniture in our bedroom, well we still need to get a new dresser, but it will be dark brown to match the bed and nightstands. The paint is a kind of light steely blue and then behind our bed we will be covering the whole wall with fabric, it is a brown to match the bed but it is an unconventional fabric that I picked for the texture, burlap. When we finally get it up I will show you the pictures.

Also S got the first coat of paint up on the house and I love the color. He and a friend will be hopefully finishing up this weekend with another coat and the trim colors. I am so happy to be done with our white house even if I can only enjoy it through pictures.

7 comments:

growingalife said...

Your house looks so charming!

And hey, I hope you blog about how you like the carpet tiles. I'm looking at doing the same thing in my baby's room, so I'll check out Flor -- thanks for the reference!

nonlineargirl said...

oooh, orange. I love it.

devinemom said...

oh we love our Flor. it is just right for moving around and changing up a bit when i feel a bit inspired. as for the house it loots wonderful and your yard, wow!

Andy said...

love that color!

and just so I don't have to comment twice (cause I'm lazy like that) sorry about your ankle, but good for you for recognizing all the positive aspects. Hope you heal quickly.

Mom Underground said...

Cool color!

Sorry to hear about the ankle! :(

honey said...

I lovelovelove the house color, it's so cheerful and *preeeeetty*!

Bridgermama said...

We have flor in our living room...love it, love it, love it!