Friday, July 14, 2006

Break a leg

I have been away from blogland for a little while due to breaking my ankle on Sunday.  I didn't just break my ankle, I pretty much shattered my ankle.  It was something so stupid, I just slipped in our backyard.  My foot remained stable while the rest of my body twisted and fell on top of my foot.  I went to the emergency room around 11:00 on Sunday and was in surgery at 3:00.  I have never broken a major appendage before and it was some of the most intense pain I have ever experienced.  For me it was worse than childbirth (this from someone who had two natural births).  S couldn't remember ever seeing me in so much pain.
So now I lay on bed rest for two weeks.  I started doing work from home on Wednesday afternoon which really makes the time fly by.  I love my HGTV and DIY but they are both getting really old.  I am so happy to have my laptop back to communicate with the outside world.
Today is also a very, very special day.  It is S and my sixth anniversary.  We had a romantic weekend planned, we were getting away from the kids for a few days and had a reservation at a little B&B in the Hood River area.  So we had to put that off for a few weeks.  Instead we are spending the day hanging out in bed, which would be romantic if I was in any mood to get it on, but that's not happening.  So we are planning a big evening of dinner in bed followed by a few movies. 
There are so many ups and downs in a marriage and this is definitely one of the downs, but I love S more than when we were first married.  It is not easy being a stay at home dad and he does it with such grace.  He is there for me whenever I am feeling blue and always seems to know when I need a little romance in my life.  He is a fabulous dad and the girls love him so much.  I can't wait to spend many more years with him.  So even though I am laid up in bed the time we get to spend together talking about the past six years as well as what is in store for the future will be a special time for us. S, Happy Anniversary, I love you!

5 comments:

chichimama said...

Oh my! Poor thing! I hope it feels better soon, I am cringing just thinking about it.

And happy anniversary! Enjoy the chat and movies...

landismom said...

Ouch! Sounds very painful. I hope you have an easy recovery, and that you get to have a great time on your anniversary trip!

supersugarstar said...

happy anniversary, and dude! you're poor leg! please let me know if there is anything i can do to help.

Bridgermama said...

Oh, poor mama...I am so sorry about your injury! However, it sounds as if you have a fantastic partner there to make you feel better. Happy Anniversary (late).

CityMama said...

omigod! I am so behind in my blog reading and just reading about this now...poor you! (Love the house color!)