Monday, May 01, 2006

Party in the bathroom

We had a party at our house last night, but not the kind you would want to invite anyone to. No, this party was of the vomiting kind.

Last night as I was getting nice and comfy in bed ready to watch Gray's Anatomy before I drifted off to sleep, I heard a wretching sound coming from the girls' room. You know where I am going with this right? I waited a moment to see if it was an actual wretch or just a cough. I heard it again followed by a gushing sound. I know its gross. So I hop out of bed and yell to S that I need some help. We both go in the room and Aly is covered in what was once her dinner. It is all over her, all over the crib, and all over her blankie. I brought her in to the bathroom and cleaned her all up, she threw up a little more in the bath tub and then said "nigh, nigh." We brought her back to the now clean crib. She got all snuggled down in her blankie and we hoped that was the end of it. But as you can guess it was not. We ended up going through 4 sheets, 2 blankets, and 2 pillows from 10:00 pm until 12:00am. Finally she was able to go to sleep and so did I.

I don't know why I had such high hopes for having a nice nights sleep on my last day of vacation, with almost all things when you have kids you just need to throw your plan out the window. I adapted (as all parents learn to do), GA was Tivoed, towels were brought out and Aly and I hung out in the bathroom off and on for two hours last night. At least I got some more quality time with her.

4 comments:

nonlineargirl said...

Wow are you ever a positive person - quality time with your daughter! I hope Aly feels better today.

Fidget said...

oh god, i live in fear of the vomit plague.. i'm a sympathetic puker! (shudder)

Thanks for having me this week :)

Cityslicker Mom said...

Of course it's murphys law that your last night before vacation you'd have to deal with that, rather than a nice slumber!! I hope she feels better today!

Mrs. Chicky said...

Oh Wow, I am soo sorry to hear about your evening. The joys of motherhood, right?