Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Sicky sick sick

I am sick and unable to perform my normal motherly duties of cuddling with the kiddos, because if I do, and believe me they want me too, I am afraid they will get what I have. Let me use a few key words here: Vomit, bathroom, fever, chills, tired, cranky. If my kids get this I will be even more cranky than I am right now. And I am very cranky right now.

So back to bed for me. I was up early checking my work email making sure they are surviving without me. They are, but barely.

I also want to point out that this gets added to the pro for working instead of being home with my kids. I can actually have a sick day. When I was home and I got sick it was a whole lot of PBS kids on the TV and me laying on the couch trying to convince my kids that Mama felt fine, just a little tired. Our kids do not watch that much tv and so if I put them in front of the tube they knew something was up. I love that my husband is here to take care of me and the kids. He is so great, plus me being sick disrupts his plans as well, so I especially love him for being so compassionate.

8 comments:

chichimama said...

Ulgh. Feel better soon!

honey said...

uh, yeah, we had that a couple of weeks ago... AWFUL! Hope you feel better soon.

petite gourmand said...

feel better soon...

sunshine scribe said...

No fun. I hope you feel better soon!!!

Mama C-ta said...

Ugh, yuckfest. Hope you feel better soon and your kids stay germ-free.

nonlineargirl said...

Feel better soon.

SugarMama said...

Husbands are so awesome! My kids and I were so sick altogether and my poor hubby was running around like nuts. So as much as your kids wanting to cuddle - stay put...it was horrible for me to hear them complain while I myself had to throw up.

BTW - thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. And I'm really enjoying yours.

Stephanie said...

Ugh, I hope you feel better soon.