Thursday, April 20, 2006

A meme, a nose picker, traveling, and apologies

This is one of those multi issue posts. I feel the need to send out my apologies to all of my intrawebs for not staying up to date on all of your blogs. With this new work schedule I have not quite figured out where the blog fits in. As you may recall I had this whole plan on how I was going to post and read my favorites on a regular basis, but this past week it has not happened. I leave the house at 5:15am and get home at 6:00. By the time the kids are in bed and I have done a few things it is time for bed. I am going to try to set up the time at work again to do this. I feel so frustrated when I do not get a chance to post on a regular basis.

So on with the fun.

First a fun little meme. I will not tag anyone it is just something I found via six and a half stitches site. Write a pangram, sign your first name or blog tag, take a picture and post it on your web. It always gives a little insight in seeing someone's handwriting. I dislike my own handwriting. I feel it is messy and a little disorganized, a weird mix of cursive and printing. There is also a flickr group you can load to for this. Kind of a fun little thing to do on a Thursday morning. So here is mine:



I am about to fill you all in on a little secret. My daughter Cat is a nosepicker. A drilling for oil nosepicker. She draws blood when she picks her nose. We have no idea how to stop it. It is something she does when she is sleepy and often does in when she is falling asleep at night. She sucks her thumb (an issue on its own) and then just starts picking away. Any suggestions? I thought about telling her that the more she picks her nose the bigger her nostrils will get. But that would just be mean. She might start dreaming about having gigantic nostrils and then just freak out in the middle of the night. Since she does this unconsciously I am just not sure how to deal with it. When we catch her doing it we just say "nose" and she stops. So now the world knows and she will probably hate me for writing this but she is still young and doesn't know any better.

We are off on a world-wind trip to Cali. "I'm going back to Cali, Cali, Cali, I'm going back to Cali, naw I don't think so". I remember singing that on my first trip to California when I was a freshman in highschool. I think I still have a crush on LL. Anyway, we are off to visit the in laws in the Bay Area. S grew up there and we met there and up until last year we had lived there. I moved down in 1998 from Washington. I miss our friends and some of the places we used to visit, Tahoe, Monterey, SF, Napa, Bodega Bay, but I love Portland so much. I really can not picture ever moving back there, but you never know. Never say never because when you do you will almost always end up eating your words. So we will be down there for a few days. My in laws have DSL so I will be able to post a few times, hey I will actually have some time off to be a blogger! Woohoo!

So my entry back into blogging has begun after a short little hiatus. Also check out Zee's Clippings. She is my new intraweb friend living in AZ originally from Rio de Janeiro and will hopefully blognap "life in mamaland" and make it all beautiful for me!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sorry that life is so crazy right now. Life has a way of doing that.

I have a friend whose middle school daughter sucked her thumb unconsciously while she slept. She finially broke the habit by wearing those stretchy winter gloves to bed. Maybe that would help Cat.

Have fun on your trip!

Zee said...

Hi, thanks for mentioning my blog! I did not have time to go back there and start. We are buzy moms!!! This 2 story house is killing me.
My kids are always full of ...ooops, how do you write it? Don't find on my dictionary. Anyway, here we don't have humidity at all and our noses suffer a lot. Erik picks his nose sometimes and bleeds. I used to do the same as kid. Hohohohoho!