Saturday, April 08, 2006

Does my butt look big in this blog?

Seriously, does my blog look weird today? If I check it on Firefox it looks fine but that is on the 19 inch monitor. If I look at it on my laptop on Internet Explorer it looks weird. The posts look fine, it is my links over on the right hand side that are a little kadiwompus (how do you spell that?). They don't show up unless you scroll all the way down to the very bottom of the posts. So does it look okay on your computers? If not then I am going to do some editing to figure it out.

Also since I am fairly new to website design are there any great books out there that could help me teach myself? Please delurk ok, help a fellow blogger out.

Update:Okay, I can't figure out how to make it look normal on Internet Explorer. I will have to check out some of those books you guys suggested. Thank you for your suggestions, as a relative newbie to this whole blogging world I appreciate all your help. Which brings me to another issue: Blogger vs. Typepad(or other blogging site)? I know many people who hate blogger but love typepad, what do you think?

5 comments:

chichimama said...

Looks fine to me, but I use Firefox. As for books, try this one...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0672328437/103-6244349-9303825?v=glance&n=283155

Not that I've used it much (I keep threatening to redo my blog skin) but it came highly reccomended...

sunshine scribe said...

I am looking at it from Safari and it looks fine to me.

Stephanie said...

I concur. In Firefox it looks fine, but in IE the sidebar shows up below your posts. Usually when that happens to me it is because The is a image or link that is too long thus 'stretching' it. Since there is no room in the defined sidebar, it shows up where there is room.

I am also in the midst of trying to teach myself designing and layout. After a 100 different tutorials and books that were over my head and gave me migrains I found "HTML for the World Wide Web with XHTML and CSS, 5th edition" by Elizabeth Castro. I got it from the library so there might be a newer edition out. But this book is SO WONDERFUL! It explains everything in plain English and shows you logically step-by-step how to use tags and integrate CSS. If you want to teach yourself web design this is the first book you want to read.

Yay, it is exciting to see that there is someone else who wants to learn layout and design.

mommy on the verge said...

it looks weird, I can't see the links to the right. I'm fairly new at this blogging thing to, I checked out a book called 'Who Let the Blogs Out?' by Biz Stone? was it. I'm also going to buy 'Blogging for Dummies' only because I like those reference books! My sister lives in Portland! Stop by!

Mama C-ta said...

I had so much trouble getting mine to look right in both IE and Firefox and eventually gave up! I use WordPress and love it although there was a huge learning curve coming from blogger and not having any real design skill!