Thursday, April 13, 2006

6 things about me, whether you want to know or not

Sunshine Scribe tagged me and since it is the first time being tagged since starting my blog I figured I would oblige. So here are six things about me:

One - When I was a kid I was positive that Darth Vader lived under my parent's bed. I would walk past their bedroom with my left eye closed just in case I saw him crawling out from under the bed to get me. Don't ask me why I thought by closing my eye it would stop him from getting me but it helped to calm my fear.

Two - The song that gets stuck in my head more than any other is the theme to "Sanford and Son," do you need me to hum you a few bars?

Three - I love Spaghettios, the plain kind. I don't have them that often and my husband refuses to buy them for me, but when I have a craving I can just bring my kids with me to the store and the clerk assumes I am buying the Spaghettios for them.

Four - The very first concert I ever went to was when I was in 13. My friend and I went to see the Beastie Boys. This was in their "Fight for Your Right to Party" days. I wore my best jean miniskirt and Generra sweatshirt (do you remember the kind with the people lined up across the front?). They had girls in Go-Go cages and were spitting beer all over the audience. I thought it was great. Our parents even let us go by ourselves. I don't think they realized the crowd that was going to be there.

Five - When my best friend and I were in the 4th grade we skipped school one day so that I could teach her to ride a bike. We spent our lunch money on candy and when we got back to my house no one was home. However our plan was foiled, like all good 4th grade plans are eventually, when her dad came home for an early lunch and he drove past her as she was riding my bike down the hill. We were so happy that she had learned to ride a bike, but not too happy about her Dad catching us. She was grounded for a month, but I told my parents that I tried to get a hold of them to let them know we missed our bus but that no one was answering the phone (what a liar I was). My parents believed me but her's did not believe her, mainly because her mom was home the whole time we were at my house. The whole incident freaked us out so much we never skipped school again. Okay, maybe one or two more times, but I called those "sick days" in high school.

Six (finally) - I have always had a mad crush on Steve Martin. I think it is the white hair, or maybe the banjo playing, or the fact that he is an amazing novelist and playwright. I just love him.

Now here is the fun part, I am supposed to tag 6 people (who haven't been tagged yet), and leave them a comment that I have tagged them. Then they need to leave a comment after they have finished. Remember if we do not band together on this the blogs as we know them will all come crashing down around us. So we really must all do our part.

So I am tagging:
City Slicker Mom
Sofrito Gringo
Chichimama
Nonlinear Girl
Mommy on the Verge
Super Mom 04

They may have already been tagged as I was writing this, but hopefully I am the first to nab them.

9 comments:

honey said...

*gasp!* our first tag, how exciting... can I tell Mo that, since you didn't tag me specifically, he has to do it too? LOL

So-Called Supermom said...

I have posted!!!! Thanks!

sunshine scribe said...

I loved reading your list. I too have a secret penchant for spaghettios.

Now I have that "Sanford and Son" song stuck in my head too after I tried to hum it to remember it. Thanks!?!?

honey said...

it's done! Happy reading...

mommy on the verge said...

okay, I will go and do mine. do you know it's raining here as much as it is in Portland? :(
I sooo love Steve Martin. I love smart funny men. I have often thought of writing him an adoring fan letter, but always chicken out!

nonlineargirl said...

I can't find your email on your site, so I'll post this: don't worry about tagging me, my post was not intended to express annoyance.

I left my eye stats in a comment over at my site, now let's see what you've got! (Oh, I forgot to add that I am both myopic and astigmatic, beat that!)

I love hearing my husband read that Be Bop book to Earlygirl. I love the drawings, too.

Bridgermama said...

Bollocks, I was going to tag your ass. I will now spare you and try to come up with others. I know that sometimes doing these things can be a pain in the buttocks, but yours was very fun to read. Oh and I am right there with you on the Steve Martin thing. I thinked you have loved him longer, so you can have him. Enjoy!

something blue said...

Very cool first concert!

Your left eye must have the force to stop Darth Vader.

Fantastic list.

Stephanie said...

Spagetti-o's, Beastie Boys, and Steve Martin?

You wild child, you!