Sunday, March 26, 2006

Who do you blog for quiz, courtesy of Mother-Woman

1. Do you blog to make friends with people you will eventually meet in real life? I have met other people that blog, but I didn't start with that purpose in mind. Since I am a fairly new blogger, I do not know what to expect as far as meeting other bloggers goes.

2. Do you blog for the sake of the B? Do you blog for yourself as a sanity-seeking form of online diary that is really neat cause it can link to all kinds of other things on the fancy Interweb? I would blog even if I didn't have kids, but I do blog for the kids, obviously with a name like "Life in Mama Land". I love the fact that I can link to sites or information over the web. I am addicted to the internet and this helps to feed my addiction.

3. Do you blog to discover people with whom you share a number of opinions about a topic? Yes, yes, yes, and yes. As a mama I am constantly looking for tips and tricks from other mamas. When I feel like I am about to pull my hair out because I am going crazy from my tantrum ridden kids I want to know it is okay and that this phase too shall pass.

4. Do you blog to attract readers? And, do you have an expectation of what sort of readers you have? Would you still blog if nobody read your blog? I don't think many people read my blog, and I am not necessarily out there to just grab readership. It is great if other people find your site and can relate to you and your experiences. I am assuming that the readers that read my blog are mostly mamas, other than that I don't have many expectations.

5. Do you blog to distinguish yourself .. because you think blogging is cool and you think it makes you cool(er)? No, I am not cool, and I sometimes consider myself a closet blogger. My friends know that I blog, but I have no clue if they read it. Sometimes I would rather not know, it makes it easier to write.


Mother-Woman: Who do you blog for..? A five part quiz

3 comments:

Cityslicker Mom said...

I started out blogging for myself only, but it seemed sort of pointless. It's more fun to interact through comments with other readers/bloggers.

Stephanie said...

Blogging is so hard to explain. I blog for me, but I need my blogging friends to keep me sane.

I was planning to blog today about a magazine article abpout mommy blogging. I would love to add these questions too. Thanks.

Granny said...

I started to answer the quiz on my blog and then changed my mind and left the answers in mo-wo's comments.

I had to think a little for a change.

I agree with your first commenter. I like the interaction in the comments and I've made friends. Definitely a fringe benefit.

Ann (aka granny)