Wednesday, March 15, 2006

She's a crafty mother

Or at least I try to be. I figure the more I craft the more I will become crafty. I think I need a business card that reads "HeatherJ, she one crafty mother".

I posted below about my new space that I am gaining due to my youngest daughter giving me her room. I mean how lucky am I to have such a wonderful girl who would give her room to make her mama happy. When I asked her if I could have her room she smiled at me and said "Mama, Aaaaah" and gave me a big hug. In toddlerease that totally means "yes mama, you can have my room because I know it will make you happy, and as your child that is all I want in the world". Who agrees with me that I made the right decision?

So I have this new craft space to plan, I am going to treat it like it's own craft project. I have started digging through my stash of fabrics, found objects and such to create my little "crafty mama's factory of craftiness", aka Mama's room: no kids allowed unless you make an appointment.

I need to paint, make new curtains, find a rug(for muffling the sound of my sewing machine), organize all of my stuff into containers that I can actually use on a regular basis. Does anyone have any great resources for craft room ideas? I promise, once I have this all figured out I will link to all the great stuff I found. I know many other crafty mamas are out there and if I can push the crafty mama cause I will.

So stay tuned for more craft craftiness from the self proclaimed crafty mama (at least in my own head).

3 comments:

Chaotic Mom said...

Do you have any favorite craft sites for inspiration? I'm always running out of ideas.

Kel said...

This will be so great for you! I can't wait until I can set up my space, but that won't be for a while yet.

My 2 boys share a room and it's not so bad. It gets interesting at times, but it's worth it.

Zee said...

I've seen in a magazine here around my mess a cool craft room project! Really nice room...I wish I can build a room to myself...I love crafts too!
www.mariajoaninha.com