Sunday, March 19, 2006

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

I love spring in Portland, and since we are just a few days away I am counting today as spring. It was spring weather, the birds were singing, the kids were playing, and I was gardening, a little. I finished pruning some rose bushes and a hydrangea, plus picked up Mojo's little presents (the dog) in the backyard. I also spent more time cleaning out the room that will be our craft room/office. Aly is all moved out and sharing Cat's room, but there is so much stuff to still go through, old baby toys, clothes, things to sell, things to give away, plus choosing a new paint color.

The girls are loving sharing a room. They actually played in there until 9:20 this morning. Do I even remember what it is like to sleep in? I didn't even realize what time it was. I woke up to their laughter and singing voices, rolled over and looked at the clock and it was 9:10. I got up and made some coffee and then went in to greet my little girlies. They erupted in a chorus of "Mama, mama, mama, mama", with Cat asking for cereal and Aly asking for milk and "Nananas". It was a great way to start the day. We then went out to Costco to stock up the kids' snacks, graham crackers, string cheese, baby carrots, raisins, cheerios. All the things that when they show up in my lunch at work are a tell tale sign that I am a mama. Then it was home for naps, gardening and an afternoon of playing in the yard and coloring with the sidewalk chalk. Cat is figuring out the whole jumping on one foot deal and so hopscotch was an exciting game to play.

I have also come across another a great crafty mama site, Wee Wonderfuls. She makes all sorts of different things, some original, some from Japanese craft books, some vintage craft books, but all of them are great. She has freebie patterns on her site as well and right now it is a super cute wee bunny. These will definitely be in Cat and Aly's baskets this year.

2 comments:

Cityslicker Mom said...

Isn't the weather here awesome today??! I'm loving it.

Stephanie said...

Oh, I am doubly jealous.

First, I want Spring!!! We are still getting snow.

Second, you get to sleep in!!!!! :P