Thursday, March 30, 2006

Gardenpalooza and other things to do this weekend

As I look forward to this weekend I thought I would share some ideas of things to do if you are in or near Portland.

Gardenpalooza kicks off the spring gardening season at Fir Point Farms in Aurora (just 20 miles south of Portland off of I-5). Over 8000 visitors attended the event last year. I would love to get some new plants for our garden and since my mom, Ms. Organic Gardener herself, is visiting I think we might have to put it on our schedule. Big plus is that this is a free event (we love free things in this household).

I don't know about you but my kids often remind me of little piggies and since Cat's favorite movie right now is "Charlotte's Web" she is also loving all things piggy. We might be paying a visit to the Oregon Zoo to see their new Visayan Warty Pigs exhibit that just opened last weekend.

I have also noticed that the garage sale season has begun so if it is not raining too hard you may be able to find a few garage sales in your area. I will probably be having one in the next few weeks to clear out some of the crap, er, I mean antiques and gently used children's items so that we can gather some spare change to hopefully paint the house this spring. That is a job for another weekend though.

What is everyone going to do this weekend?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!

make extra money

Cityslicker Mom said...

Thanks for the ideas!! I'm not sure what we're doing yet, kinda depends on the weather. btw, you might want to add the "word verification" feature to your comments so you don't get anymore spam. :)

Stephanie said...

I noticed a garage sale yesterday, while going through town.

What! It is the weekend already?!