Monday, February 27, 2006

House of Sick

Me and the Babe are sick.  I was up at 2:30 this morning hugging the toilet (I wish I wouldn't have had mexican last night).  I finally fell back asleep at 6:00, called in to tell them I would be late to work, slept another hour and then got up and dragged myself in.  All day long I was able to keep it under check. S comes and picks me up with the kids in tow he tells me that Aly has been really tired all day.  She seems full of energy in the car.  We all go home and eat a rather bland dinner.  I am still keeping things in check.  Then as I am about to take Aly to the bathroom for their bubbles she loses lunch, afternoon snack and dinner all over the couch.  All of a sudden I can't keep it in check anymore.  I yell for S to get back in the house, he was on his way to rehearsal.  He comes down to the family room and does his husbandly duty of cleaning the pukey couch since I am about to finally lose it again after staying dry all day.

Things are settled now.  The kids are clean and asleep.  I am about to crawl into bed with some soothing peppermint team and we will hopefully call it a day at the house of sick.  Fun times have been had by all.

No comments: